MEDEA: MEDical UnivErsities Alliance
TIMELINE AND FINANCING
Since 2013 Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar Heratsi is a partner university in the MEDEA (MEDical UnivErsities Alliance) project. This is an Erasmus Mundus Action 2 project financed by the EACEA. The duration of the project is from July 2013 to July 2017.
The Erasmus Mundus programme aims to enhance the quality of higher education and promote dialogue and understanding between people and cultures through mobility and academic cooperation.
MEDEA project is effected between a number of higher education institutions in the European Union and Eastern Partnership countries aiming at cooperation and provision of mobility scholarships, which will enable:
- Inter-institutional partnership in higher education among HEIs of European and Eastern Partnership countries;
- Education/research/teaching opportunities for students (Bachelors, Masters), researchers (doctoral students, post-docs) and staff achieved at one of the partner institutions.
MEDEA consortium comprises the following higher education institutions in European and Eastern Partnership countries:
European Union countries:
- Université Paul Sabatier, France
- Charité - University Medicine Berlin - Humboldt-Universität, Germany
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Università degli Studi di Perugia, Italy
- Riga Medical College of the University of Latvia, Latvia
- Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Universidade do Porto, Portugal
- Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
- University of Chester, UK
Eastern Partnership countries:
- Tbilisi State Medical University, Georgia
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University, Georgia
- Akaki Tsereteli State University, Georgia
- Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar Heratsi, Armenia
- Bukovinian State Medical University, Ukraine
- Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy, Ukraine
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy «NicolaeTestemitanu», Moldova
- Belarusian Medical Academy of Post-Graduate Education, Belarus
- Azerbaijan Medical University, Azerbaijan
- Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University, Ukraine
SCHOLARSHIPS AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
MEDEA calls for applications from Bachelors and Masters students enrolled in studies at various faculties of Yerevan State Medical University, as well as university doctoral students, post-docs, academic faculty and administrative staff. The project enables applications under three different target groups and applicants are welcome to apply for a scholarship under the relevant target group.
One shall submit the following documents when applying for a MEDEA scholarship:
- Bachelor/Master: Learning agreement
- PhD/Post-doc: Work plan
- Staff: Work plan
- Passport copy, photo
- Scanned version of academic transcripts including final average grade
- English, where necessary, either French or German language certificate (internationally recognised certificate/certificates)
Recommendation and motivation letter
- At least one recommendation letter, preferably from academic staff members or other persons who have had an academic or work experience with the applicant.
ALL THE DOCUMENTS MUST BE TRANSLATED OR COMPOSED IN ENGLISH.
Project details are available at http://www.ema2-medea.com/.
Tel.: (010) 547 263, (010) 560 594, (091) 402 205