The Council aims to plan and coordinate the scientific research activities that are being realized at YSMU SRC and Chairs.
The members of the Council are:
- Chairmen and vice-chairmen of expert commission
- Faculty dean assistants on science
- Head of Scientific Organization Chair
- Heads of Chairs and SRC laboratories
- Outstanding scientists
- Chairman of the Ethics Committee
- Chairman of the Commission of Raw Materials and Methods Examination
- President of Young Scientists’ Council
- President of Students Scientific Society
Main objectives of the Council
- Discussion and affirmation of the main scientific directions and scientific projects.
- Discussion and affirmation of plans and reports of YSMU SRC and Chairs' scientific projects.
- Discussion, affirmation and approbation of plan-annotations submitted by the competitors of YSMU and other institutions.
- Periodic discussions of issues of Chair scientific themes and theses.
- Discussion and qualification references for projects, publication of monographs, scientific manuals, inventions.
- Discussion and affirmation of the process and reports of contract based scientific themes which are financed by the Ministry of Science and Education.
- Coordination of Students' Scientific Society and Young Scientists’ Council.
- Discussion of affirmation of scientific events and their programs.
- Recommendation of PhD and doctoral students for long-term business-trips, discussion of their reports.
SCIENCE COORDINATION COUNCIL STAFF
President - Prof. M.Z. Narimanyan, Vice-Rector for Science
Vice-President - Prof. A.V. Zilfyan, SRC director
Scientific Secretary – PhD (B) G.G.Parsadanyan, resercher, SRC
EXPERT COMMISSIONS OF THE SCIENCE COORDINATION COUNCIL
Expert commissions are the specialized structures of the Science Coordination Council that realize approbation of PhD and doctoral theses. They implement discussion and review of monographs, methodical guidelines, inventions that are submitted for publication.
The following expert committees are functioning attached to the Scientific Coordination Council:
- Theoretical Medicine
Chairman: Prof. А.V. Zilfyan, SRC Director,
Vice-Chairman: Prof. E.S. Sekoyan, Head of Medical Rehabilitation Department
Committee Secretary: PhD (B) G.G.Parsadanyan
- Gynecology, Obstetrics, Paediatrics
Chairman: Prof. G.A. Beglaryan, Head of the Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology № 1
Vice-Chairman: Prof. A.A. Sargsyan, Chair of Paediatrics and Paediatric Surgery
Committee Secretary: S.A. Harutyunyan, Assistant of the Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Surgery №2
- Surgical Diseases
Chairman: Prof. S.L. Orduyan, Department of Surgery №1
Vice-Chairman: Prof. S.Kh. Grigoryan, Chair of Surgical Diseases № 3
Committee Secretary: N.R. Martirosyan, Senior Laboratory Assistant of the Department of Surgery №1
- Internal Diseases
Chairman: Prof. H.S. Sisakyan, Head of the Chair of Internal Diseases № 1
Vice-Chairman: A.A. Ajvazyan, associate professor of the Chair of Therapy №2
Committee Secretary: A.E. Ordyan, Senior Laboratory Assistant
- Stomatology, Otorhinolaryngology, Ophthalmology
Chairman: Prof. V.G. Tatintsyan, Chair of Family Stomatology,
Vice-Chairman: PhD A.V. Harutyunyan, Head of the Chair of Therapeutic Stomatology
Committee Secretary: I.L. Manukyan, Assistant of the Chair of Family Stomatology
- Epidemiology, Hygiene, Organization of Public Health and Health Care
Chairman: Prof. A.Dz. Hambardzumyan, Head of the Chair of Epidemiology
Vice-Chairman: Prof. L.R. Avetisyan, Head of Department for Educational Reforms and Integration, Head of the Chair of Hygiene and Ecology
Committee Secretary: R. A. Martirosyan, Senior Laboratory Assistant of the Chair of Hygiene and Ecology
RAW MATERIAL AND METHODS EXAMINATION COMMISSION
Chairman: Prof. A.A. Yengibaryan, Chair of Medical Biology
Vice-Chairman: Prof. A.A. Manukyan, Head of the Chair of Pharmacology
Committee Secretary: A.E. Tadevosyan, Doctor of Med. Sciences, Assistant Professor of the Chair of Public Health
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH DIRECTIONS
- Systematization of the dosage, analysis, studying, marketing of the biological activity of drugs of herbal, synthetic, microbial origin and biologically active substances.
- Morphofunctional peculiarities of pathogenesis of neurodegenerative diseases, as well as the revealing of the ways of neuronal viability on the example of Alzheimer's disease.
- Periodic disease (the Familial, Mediterranean fever): diagnosis of the disease and its complications, prevalence, pathogenesis, treatment and prophylaxis in Armenia.
- Social-hygienic and epidemiological estimation of the urban and rural population health state of RA.
- The regularities of the dentoparodontal system activity in norm and pathology. Working out of the methods of prophylaxis and treatment of teeth and parodontium.